Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Malach I

They say there are some things that can not be put down in words - because of subject, secrecy, or even distance. It is held as a truth in many of the lands we know. This, of course, was reason enough for the Family to invest some thought in the matter. What they came up with was the Codex of Ineffable Thoughts. Not truly a unique artifact, but still rather potent in its own right. Sounds familiar? It ought to be - you're reading it now.

Constructed with care, these tomes span time, distance and sometimes even secrets. Once I started writing in one, it bound itself to my soul. This means I can summon the book wherever I am, whatever I do. Whether I walk the burning ruins of Ascalon, the deserts of Elona, proud Cantha or indeed our Hall on the Battle Isles.

Ah, first things first though. Before I'll go on, writing some of our history and my musings, I will write the names of my siblings here too, so they can summon the Codex to read and write in it too. Ink made from crushed jade and my own blood - mixed with some rather special herbs - will serve to bind this book to their souls too.

Sabina Scarabae
Ateuchus Scarabae


There, this be done now.

Maybe a little history is in order here, so we can scan this and perhaps gleam some information from it. I'll leave you two, my siblings, to write your own fragments though.

I was born on the savage Battle Isles deep in the Fragmented Sea, in the Hall of my father - Lokutus Scarabae - some 60 years ago (I'll come to this later). Mother was from Ascalon while father hailed from... other places. Some reports say he founded the Hall himself, while others either claim he conquered it, was presented it or inherited it. From even a young age I have been interested in magic, all kinds of magic. From the Family's preferred power of Necromancy to Fire, Earth Air and Water magic. In my youth I've studied at several of Ascalon's primary Academies of Magic, as well as being tutored in Necromancy back in the Battle Isles. I found myself happy, for a while at least.

Then came the Searing of Ascalon...

I will continue this in a short while, some Grawl decided to attack me, so I cast this Codex back in the Aether...

No comments: